Thursday, March 27, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Sweet Sixteen Edition

Every Thursday when we don't have a show, we take a look back at Kris' career via video.

Well, this week I got very excited because my alma mater, the University of Virginia, made the sweet sixteen in the NCAA Basketball tournament! So excited that I promised you guys a special celebratory post.

Sadly, Kris has yet to play Charlottesville, the lovely city where UVA is located. I do not understand that at all because his sound is PERFECT for the lively C-ville music scene, there are awesome venues there that regularly book other Fleming Artists and there are some great college radio stations there that his music would fit perfectly on. But he hasn't, so I don't have any handy videos for TBT from there.

So with the obvious thing out the window, I have decided to celebrate instead by creating a fun little Virginia Sweet 16-themed Kris YouTube playlist for you! The videos on the list are all performances I really enjoyed, and they were either a) shot by Virginians (who traveled to shows in Atlantic City or Washington DC) and/or b) shot in Virginia (mostly at the Jammin Java show, but I did work CNU in there) or c) best of all, shot by Virginians in Virginia. For fun, I tried to follow his more recent set list order, so that we here in Virginia can imagine what a Kris show would be like now should we ever get one again. Unfortunately, none of us who live here in Virginia have shot the new songs, and the one show he did them at in Virginia yielded very few videos (as it was for CNU students only), so I subbed in older ones shot by VA/in VA for all but End of the Show (which is in there!). So all of the videos are good stuff; enjoy!




p.s. I've been having fun with the NCAA pool that JakeVP set up. I'm in 3rd now!  The good news is that I have the most possible points left (in part thanks to my beloved Cavaliers). My (biased) bracket is here if you want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment